Saturday, May 13, 2006

Nothing but the Wurst for Margy


Margy and I gamely volunteered to host my family for Mother's Day tomorrow. I settled on rigatoni all'amatriciana as the entree, so I needed to make yet another pork run.

And what a pork run it was! I picked up a hearty stash of slab bacon (for the amatriciana and beyond) and pancetta, and while I was at it I got the necessary ingredients for a grilled sausage sampler, one of Margy's all-time faves.

On the left we have a couple of snappy and delicious Bavarian bratwurst, and on the right a zesty pair of hot Italian sausages. Despite their differing European provenance, the two make a great combination. I served them with roasted potatoes, sautéed spinach with garlic, and whole grain mustard.

It was a nice, easy meal, allowing me to rest up and gain the strength I would need to try and please my family for an entire day.

No comments: