Saturday, June 10, 2006

Feeling Squidish


I woke up this morning thinking about squid. It happens.

At my request, the fish guy at ShopRite went out of his way to find me some nice big stuffable bodies, and boy did it pay off. Usually I'm struggling to cram a little filling into a squid tube that's barely as big as my thumb, but this was smooth sailing.

The squid was stuffed with garlic, parsley, sage, thyme, bread crumbs, and more squid, and cooked in white wine, shrimp stock, and tomato. I saw a few cannellini in the fridge, so I tossed them into the pot near the end, and they made an excellent addition. Everything's better with beans!

I was really late getting dinner on the table, but I opened a nice bottle of wine (Villa Puccini '97), and Margy forgave me.

1 comment:

Caryn said...

And they said Captain Ahab had a problem...